Give your blue jeans a spring break. This season’s hot trend is all about colour, especially for that classic material we all love — denim.
Following last season’s trend of colour blocking, this fab fabric gets a facelift in eye-catching pops of neon, cool pastel hues and girly floral prints. Skinny jeans and cut-off hot-pants get the treatment, while denim button-down shirts are trending in ‘ombre’ or dip-dye shades.
Colour blocking is still very much in, and works great with the coloured denim trend. But beware, it’s easy to go from classy to clownish – so be careful when pairing printed tops with coloured denim. Stick with understated prints in a similar colour palette for a feminine look that will turn heads but not burn retinas. To avoid embarrassing fashion faux-pas, here’s how to wear this trend with flair.
6 ways to wear Spring 2012’s Coloured Denim trend
1. Cool-hue skinny jeans with same-palette striped/printed tee
2. Bold-tone jeans with a metallic top and vest
3. Floral printed shorts with wedge heels
4. Neon jeans with a basic tee
5. Colour blocking: pick two colours at opposite ends of the colour wheel and rock it!
6. ‘Ombre’ dip-dyed button-down denim shirt
What’s your favourite colour or print for denim this season? Share with us.